Chemical Peels have been used for decades to revitalize and resurface skin. They involve applying a chemical solution to remove the damaged outer layers of skin and reveal a younger, clearer, more radiant complexion. Chemical peels, also known as "Lunchtime Peels" are traditionally performed on the face, hands, neck, back and shoulders, legs and other problem areas to treat fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and skin discoloration. Chemical peels are also effective in treating mild scarring and acne.
Treatments usually last from 15 to 20 minutes and are one of the most effective way to rejuvenate aging skin, and erase the marks of sun damage. Chemical peels may also remove pre-cancerous skin growths, soften acne facial scars and even control acne.
After treatment, the resulting regenerated skin is noticeably smoother and fresher in appearance.
At PURE, we offer TCA, Glycolic, Lactic and Salicylic Acid peels. The type of treatment which is right for you will be determined by you and your PURE consultant to provide you with the greatest benefits.
Types of Peels We Offer:
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) - TCA can be used in many concentrations, but it is most commonly used for medium-depth peeling. Fine surface wrinkles, superficial blemishes and pigment problems are commonly treated with TCA.
- Alphahydroxy acids (AHA) - such as glycolic, lactic, or fruit acids are the mildest of the peel formulas and produce light peels. These types of peels can provide smoother, brighter-looking skin for people who can't spare the time to recover from a phenol or TCA peel. AHA peels may be used to treat fine wrinkling, areas of dryness, uneven pigmentation and acne. Alphahydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid, are often mixed with facial washes or creams in lesser concentrations as part of a daily skin-care regimen to improve the skin's texture.
- PURE also provides Physician’s Choice of Arizona (PCA) peels including:
- Salicylic acid– a beta-hydroxy acid, is found naturally in willow bark, wintergreen leaves, and sweet birch bark. Formulations containing high concentrations of salicylic acid help slough off dead cells and debris while stimulating the skin’s natural renewal process.
- PCA Peel ® Exfoliating Treatments. These patented and proven light-to-medium peel formulas effectively exfoliate, bleach and inhibit pigment production. These peels help to repair and reduce breakouts, control oil, soften lines and provide a more even, smooth skin texture. PCA Peel ® exfoliating treatments are available in the following three formulas:
- PCA Peel ® HQ Free (non-resorcinol) Exfoliating Treatment. This peel is ideal for more sensitive skin types (ethnic skin) or those allergic to hydroquinone. This peel will help to unclog pores, clear acne and rejuvenate the skin. It is also an excellent choice for maintaining even pigmentation and correcting pigment discolorations for those with hydroquinone sensitivities.
- PCA Peel ® with Hydroquinone (non-resorcinol) Exfoliating Treatment This formula is for those who want even skin tone and have no sensitivity to hydroquinone. It will also help to correct melasma, sun damage and pigment discolorations of any kind. In addition, this peel will inhibit active acne and correct post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (brown-spotting) from acne.
- PCA Peel ® with Hydroquinone & Resorcinol Exfoliating Treatment This peel is the most potent formula of the PCA Peel® treatments. It will provide more exfoliation for oilier, thicker and resilient skin types. It is effective on extremely sun damaged and thickened skin. It is also excellent for those with active/cystic acne and asphyxiated skin (dry on the surface, oily underneath).
- Ultra Peel ® I and II Exfoliating Treatments. Ultra Peel ® exfoliating treatments are appropriate for all skin types, conditions and sensitivities. These treatments are especially ideal for sensitive skin, as they produce a reduced stinging sensation. Ultra Peel ® treatments will help treat acne, pigment disorders, aging skin, menopausal skin, smoker's skin and sun damaged skin. Moderate to aggressive exfoliation will be experienced, depending on the number of layers of Ultra Peel ® I exfoliating treatment that are applied. Overall, the final result will be plump, hydrated and ultra soft skin. Ultra Peel ® II exfoliating treatment may be used alone or on top of any other Physician's Choice ® peel, producing a lightening, tightening and brightening effect. It is a cream mask containing natural hormones and vitamins to provide freshening and moisturizing properties to aging skin. These natural hormones make this peel great for males as well as females, as it helps to counterbalance testosterone levels that create frequent breakouts during teenage years.
- Sensi Peel ® Exfoliating Treatment Sensi Peel exfoliating treatment was formulated primarily for Asian skin as well as all other extremely sensitive skin types. The solution contains a blend of L-lactic acid and trichloroacetic acid (TCA). Plant-derived progesterone leaves the skin feeling plump and hydrated. The Sensi ® Peel exfoliating treatment is fromulated with L-ascorbic acid for strengthening and brightening while L-arbutin and Kojic acid help treat hyperpigmentation and sun damage. The kojic acid, as well as azelaic acid provide anti-acne and antibacterial properties to the solution. The Sensi Peel ® exfoliating treatment is excellent for calming rosacea, as redness and inflammation subside substantially after treatment.
- Pumpkin Peel Beta-C Mask Treatment. The Physician's Choice ® Pumpkin Peel Beta-C Mask Treatment is a powerful antioxidant keratolytic treatment that can serve aas an alternate between other peels. It's main source of nutrition, pumpkin, offers more than 100 beneficial components, including the highest concentration of natural vitamins A, C, and beta-carotene. The Pumpkin Peel has simultaneous actions; it exfoliates and draws impurities out of the skin while introducing vitamins, enzymes and nutrients into the skin. It is an excellent treatment for smokers as it stimulates circulation, promotes healing and provides vitamin nutrition. This treatment is also excellent for smoothing the skin as salicylic acid removes the dead cells that cause a rough texture. As with all other PCA treatments there is no downtime. In fact, the skin will be glowing and extremely healthy-looking following the treatment.
- Esthetique Peel™ The Esthetique Peel™ is an advanced formulation of L-ascorbic, L-lactic and L-retinol with a host of polyphenols, antioxidants, vitamins and humectants. It smoothes, tightens and improves the texture of the skin, while also helping to correct a variety of common skin concerns. The Esthetique Peel™ is effective fro treating all skin types and conditions. Perfectly suited for extra-sensitive skin, including rosacea. The results are exciting!
- Clarifying Mask Clarifying Mask's blend of 20% salicylic acid with natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents makes this an ideal choice for helping to improve acne, breakout prone skin and even sluggish and dull complexions. It brings new clarity and freshness to the skin. Clarifying Mask is appropriate for all skin types except for hypersensitive conditions.
- Detox Gel for Oily/Problem Skin. The Detox Gel's low percentage (1.5%) of naturally sourced glycolic acid helps to degrease excessively oily skin. This formulation containing hydrogen peroxide, salicylic acid and aloe smoothes the skin's surface, minimizes breakouts and kill bacteria. Excellent for facilitating extractions.
- Detox Gel for Normal/Sensitive. Skin The Detox Gel for Normal/Sensitive Skin is formulated with naturally sourced L-lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide, salicylic acid and aloe to keep the surface of the skin smooth, yet hydrated. This option allows for antibacterial, smoothing action without the dehydration that may occur with extended use of glycolic acid.